Twice-weekly rapid Covid tests to be offered to all adults with no symptoms.
For those over 18-years old, two boxes of seven tests per person are available to collect or four boxes per family.
Depending on peoples’ individual circumstances, the following routes to get a free, rapid Covid test when they don’t have symptoms (asymptomatic) are:
• Community testing: There are now six community testing sites in Nottingham where anyone over the age of 16 can take a supervised test.
Those under 16 need to be supervised by an adult. The sites are in Bulwell, Clifton, Hyson Green, Strelley, The Meadows and Top Valley.
People can also pick up a box of tests at these sites to use at home. For up to date opening hours please visit www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/
asymptomatictesting People collecting boxes from our community testing sites can also have a supervised test to help ensure that tests done at home are accurate.
• How to get twice-weekly Covid rapid testing in Nottinghamshire
• Workplace testing: Thousands of employers are offering testing in the workplace. This includes testing sites, where people can take a supervised test, and workplace collect, where people can pick up a box of tests to use at home. If an employer offers workplace testing, this is still the best route for people to access rapid tests.
Do you have kids? RT @Ormazd_Tour How to #Travel #Internationally With #Kids #adventure #TravelSkills #traveltips https://t.co/H4pHT3S1Ez …
— Bill Ashton
Fri Jun 17 03:34:00 +0000 2016
• NHS Test & Trace sites: There are several sites in Nottingham that operate as a symptomatic testing site in the morning but are currently providing an afternoon collect option, where people can pick up a box of tests to use at home. Please visit Find a test centre (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
• Pharmacy collect: Thousands of pharmacies across England have signed up to offer pharmacy collect. From Friday 9 April, people aged 18 and over will be able to go to a participating pharmacy and pick up a free box of tests to use at home. NHS England’s site finder allows people to search pharmacies near them that offer pharmacy collect please see: Find a test centre (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
Over the coming weeks more and more pharmacies will be signing up.
• Education: Secondary and college students are already being given tests to use at home twice a week, throughout term time and the holidays.
• LFD (Lateral Flow Test) Direct: For people who can’t access tests through the other routes, they can order a box of tests online or through 119 or the gov.uk website which will be delivered to their home.
Cllr Sally Longford, Deputy Leader at Nottingham City Council, said: “We all need to work together and take regular, rapid Covid tests to help protect those around us and be able to get life moving safely.
“As we hopefully move onto further steps in the Government roadmap, we should all get into the habit of twice weekly testing as part of our everyday lives. Rapid testing is a vital tool in helping to identify cases of coronavirus we would otherwise not find – with one in three people with coronavirus showing no symptoms and potentially spreading it without knowing,
“It’s never been easier to access Covid tests in Nottingham. With six community testing sites now open and pharmacy collect soon to launch – let’s all keep our loved ones, communities and work colleague’s safe.”